What should you not do before a sleep study?
Posted by admin
The day of your sleep test you will most likely be instructed to do the following:
- Eat a normal dinner before your study, before 7:00 pm if possible.
- Do not drink/eat caffeine after 7:00 pm.
- Do not drink alcohol the day of the test.
- Refrain from napping the day of testing.
- Shower the day of your test, but ensure you allow for your hair to dry.
- Facial stubble may interfere with the setup; therefore, you must be clean shaven. Longer beards and mustaches should be fine.
- Do not use any face or body creams, hair gels, oils, sprays, lotions, etc. They may interfere with the equipment.